Monday, July 19, 2010

Wow! That's Amazing!

I have been getting requests for an updated photo.  So, this evening, when we I got home from work, I asked the boys to take a couple.  I was shocked at the results!

Here they are.  The photo on the left was taken the day we started February 21st.  the one on the right was taken this evening.


























I lost more than a chin!  I lost half of my face!  I'm glad it's gone though.  And look!  I have a neck!  Not much of one yet, but you can at least see that there is a neck there.

I got up this morning at 5:45 AM and went for  a walk.  I know doesn't sound shocking to most people, but I AM NOT a morning person.  This morning I got up, dressed and was swinging down the street bopping to my Zune before 6:00 AM.  It felt good.  I felt good!  I think I may go out again tomorrow morning!

I feel like my whole life is changing.  Not only are my eating habits changing, my body and my face has changed.  I'm wearing make-up and color to work, and today I got up and took a walk in the morning!

A follower surprised me with a special gift today.  She has read the blog every day and often comments to me about the previous nights post when I see her the next morning.  Today she presented me with a congratulations card and a gift certificate for $50.00.  The note on it said $50.00 for 50 lbs.  (Yes, she knew she was a little premature, but she has faith in me!)

I could not have been more shocked.  I know that people care and are rooting for me, but that gesture was far beyond anything I would ever expect!

The funds are going towards a purchase of a new scale since ours is still a little nuts.  I'm off to do my research to find a scale that won't lose it's little electronic mind!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie,
    First of all GOOD FOR YOU! As a Medical Assistant I have encountered many people with Diabetes. It is a tough disease!! My saying to people would be "What about your family? Doyou want to be a Grandparent someday? If you won't do it for yourself, what about them?"
    YOU GO GIRL!!This is the first time I have read your blog, and I will continue to help CHEER you on.ICECREAM is my biggest downfall too :)
    Keep up the good work!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete