Friday, July 16, 2010

Conversations

Conversation in the car this evening:
Me:  "You're driving past the Dairy Freeze."
Boy:  "Yes, I am."
Me:  "But why?  They have ice cream, and chocolate and whipped cream."
Boy:  "It's full of fat and sugar and you don't need it."
Silence for a bit, then:
Me:  "But I like Dairy Freeze ice cream."
Boy:  "You don't need it Mom."  Heavy sigh and eye roll "Are you going to make me say it?  Grandchildren."
 End of conversation.

I've spent a lot of time this week feeling sorry for myself and somehow, in the middle of my wallow I lost sight of something.  I have an amazing support system right here!

Other members of my family and friends may not be solidly on board in the support department and they may be slinging some very well aimed arrows right now.  but no matter what, I have my two boys.

They are always here for me.  I have no doubt of my future success with the two of them behind me.

I do love them very much, even when they are horribly mean!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment