I sat down and made a list this evening of all of my past resolutions that I had let fall by the wayside. Then, I made a second list of the changes I wanted to make. You know, your annual list of all the things you know you should be doing, but aren't.
Here is my annual list:
- Lose weight
- change eating habits
- go back to school
- begin writing again
- control my diabetes
- regain control of my life
- Lose weight - Doing it!
- exercise - Doing it! Slowly, but I am making progress
- change eating habits - Did it!
- go back to school - I start class on January 10th!
- begin writing again - I'm writing every day and it's wonderful!
- control my diabetes - I feel like I'm doing better at this every day. My A1C proves it!
- regain control of my life - For the first time in many years, I feel like I'm getting there
I am rarely proud of myself, I always think I can do better. But right now, at the precipice of a new year, I am proud of myself for what I have accomplished.
You kinda have to wonder though . . .what will I come up with next?