Friday, December 24, 2010

Gifts and Blessings

Merry Christmas Eve!  

I was thinking this morning that I have extra things to be thankful for this year.  I have accomplished some amazing things lately!  I actually, finally, have enough self-esteem to say "Look what I did!  I did something great and wonderful!"

Self esteem is something that I have always lacked.  I probably stuffed that down my throat with all my other emotions.  "Yes, I'd like some frustration and stress with a side of low self esteem, please.  Oh, and can you make that an extra large meal please."

But this year, I am saying something different.  "No thank you, I don't need that piece of pie, I have eaten enough."  The family has never heard me say that before!

I am remaking my life, and I am doing it on my own terms in my own time.  That is important to me.  I don't have to accecpt my size, my education, or my former "slacker" role in the family.

I don't know about you, but I am LOVING this!

This year I get to talk about school and about this blog and all the wonderful support I have.  I get to discuss the demise of Myron and Couch Potato (okay, they aren't fully gone yet, but I can dream).

This year I am blessed to have those around me who have loved and supported me when I was at my lowest and cheered me on for each new accomplishment.

I want to thank all of you who follow my silly little blog and offer encouragement and support.

Thank you and Merry Chirstmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanza, Happy Solstice.

No comments:

Post a Comment