Sunday, December 12, 2010

Another Broken Scale!

You know, I'm beginning to wonder if it is me that is the problem and not the scale.  Nah, it couldn't possibly be me!  Could it?

When I started this journey, I had these wonderful pictures in my head of sitting around the Christmas Tree having lost almost all of the weight and feeling overjoyed with pride and success. I guess Santa didn't get my letter.

I wish taking off the weights were as easy as putting it on?  That seems too much to hope for now.  Oh well, onward and upward (or downward as the scale goes)!

This coming Friday I have orientation at school.  Yup, just me and a bunch of 18 - 20 year-olds.  Bring it!

I also go see the Doctor tomorrow as my last blood tests show deficiencies in some essential vitamins.  According to my wonderful Doctor, these deficiencies could be the cause of the weird weight gain and my current frustration.  She says she can fix it.  She's really a wonderful Doctor, I believe her.

I'm also thinking it might be time to do a kitchen purge.  Get rid of all the foods that have begun to sneak back into the pantry.  I hate it when contraband food magically appears in my kitchen!  I don't know how it happens.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that if, when you were starting all this, if someone had said, "You'll only have lost 75 pounds by the time you sit by the CHristmas tree." you would have been doing cartwheels. ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good point "A". I can always depend on you to make me see things in a better light! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete