Thursday, December 2, 2010

Winter

Snow started falling yesterday.  I find it rather appropriate that we got our first snow fall on December 1st.  At one point yesterday, I looked up from my desk and just watched it softly fall, it was beautiful.

The holidays are in the air and everyone is  excitedly talking about holiday plans and Christmas lists.  Do you think Santa would take 50 pounds off me for Christmas?  That would be an awesome present!

Oddly enough, I am suddenly finding it difficult to avoid caffeine.  Yesterday was a perfect morning for a steaming cup from Starbucks.  I didn't stray, I just kept reminding myself how much better I feel with no caffeine in my system.

I am going to stay on plan and maintain a positive attitude.  I can do that. Besides, it will be fun to feed everyone Diabetic things and laugh as they are extolling how awful it is that I can no longer have the wonderful things that I now bake.  (hehehehe).

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the arrival of winter has brought a new challenge on the caffeine front just by having 'new' associations you haven't battled yet. You haven't 'done' winter without caffeine yet. Like a smoker who has given up smoking has to re-evaluate his situation each time he gets together with an old friend he used to smoke with. You've already conquered these things, but they are being presented with new winter faces now. ~a ?

    ReplyDelete