Monday, December 20, 2010

The multivitamin sea

It all seems so simple when your Doctor gives you the instruction:  "You need to start taking a multivitamin everyday.  Sounds easy right?  Then you go to the store and discover it is anything but simple.

You begin to feel like you are in a cartoon.  You know, you step into the isle and suddenly it stretches out and seems to go for miles.  Miles and miles of little bottles of pills and vitamins.  All different sizes, shapes, and colors.  After about the 5th or 6th bottle serious confusion sets in and you now have no idea what you are looking at, much less what brought you to this nightmare isle to begin with.

Being a good and dutiful little researcher, I went to my faithful computer and did some research.  Here's a fun little tidbit.  Go to a search engine and type in Multivitamin.   The results are dizzying:
Google:  3,570,000 results
Bing:  1,850,000 
I thought to check a couple more search engines, but my mind was so boggled by this time that I stopped.

Why are there so many?  I mean come on!  Seriously, does it really have to be this difficult?  You have to be a chemist or have a doctorate to understand  the differences in all these things.

Maybe I should just bag it and go for something familiar.  Something we all know.  Anyone have any idea how much Vitamin D is in Flintstones Chewables? 

1 comment:

  1. yes, the multi-vitamin issue could be overwhelming, except for the fact that they are probably all a whole lot better than nothing. I suppose you'd have to be a dietician to figure it out. ;) ~a

    ReplyDelete