Tuesday, December 14, 2010

FrankenBlender

While my morning smoothies taste amazing and are really good for me, they are not that good for blenders.  I have burned two of them up in the last six months.  The second one actually started smoking!  I thought it might be a good idea to turn it off at that point.

Wonderful hubby works for a company that builds small appliances.  He told one of the engineers about my rotten luck with blenders.  The tech that he talked to said he thought he could come up with something.  This morning he appeared in hubby's office with my new blender!

We are calling it FrankenBlender because it was built from spare parts and when you turn it on, it roars!  No kidding, this thing is awesome!  It has a wonderfully powerful motor in it so hopefully it will last longer than 2 months!

Of course, the minute we got home I had to try it out.  I put all the ingredients in, pushed the liquefy button and 20 seconds later, I had the the most wonderful smoothie ever!  There were no chunks from the frozen fruit, and no voids where things didn't get blended properly.  It was light and sort of foamy and tasted divine!

I love my new FrankenBlenderI have never had an appliance that was built just for me!  It's incredible and makes me feel very loved and has now given me a new incentive to stick to my plan!

I wonder what else I could throw in it?  There must be something that it can't blend. . .  all I know is that I'm getting up early to make another smoothie!!

2 comments:

  1. how in hades do you come up with a graphic of frankenblender??? ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the beauty of photo shop and a boring evening at home!

    ReplyDelete