Monday, December 13, 2010

Making Stuff Up

Do you ever get the idea that sometimes when your Doctor is not sure what to tell you, they make things up?  Seriously, some of the things that you hear in a Doctors office has to be made up, that is the only thing that makes sense!  That, there are dartboards on their office doors with different diagnosis' on it;  before they come in to see you they toss a dart at the board and you get the diagnosis of where the dart hit!

I've been having some weird things going on lately.  Here is the list:
  • Sleeping a lot during the day (something I've never done)
  • Strong  bouts of depression
  • Mood swings
  • Weird sleeping patterns
  • Muscle and joint aches
  • Low energy and fatigue
  • Weight Gain
  • Loss of concentration and focus (aka - Space Cadet)
The normal blood tests were taken and today I went in to get the results.  Guess what, I have a vitamin D deficiency .  Now do you see why I think she was making things up?

There really is a condition known as Vitamin D Deficiency!  Apparently it is a new thing based on emerging research.  Here is the list of common symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency:
  • Sleeping a lot during the day (something I've never done)
  • Strong  bouts of depression
  • Mood swings
  • Weird sleeping patterns
  • Muscle and joint aches
  • Low energy and fatigue
  • Weight Gain
  • Loss of concentration and focus
Does anyone else see anything strange about these two lists?  Yeah, me too.  I think my body is reading medical texts while I'm asleep and then messing with me for sheer entertainment!

One of. my most favorite parts of this new mess is that the best way to get vitamin D is to go out in the sun.  Good in theory right?  Unless of course you are on a bunch of other medications that all say to stay out of the sun.  What is a girl to do??

In my usual fashion, when confronted with something new and different I dive into research.  Knowledge is power!  Off I go to hit the books (or Internet as the case may be), I'll keep you all posted!

1 comment:

  1. interested to hear what you come up with about this. the dtour book suggested just 15 minutes outside I thought, but no good for now. full spectrum lights and supplements? ~a

    ReplyDelete