Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Brother

I have this really amazing brother.  When we were kids we beat on each other and were always squabbling.  Just normal kids.  As we got older we moved past the arguing and insults (well mostly anyway).

He is three years older than I am and ever since we lost Dad, my brother has stepped in as patriarch.  He is always there to listen and offer advice and most especially keep his very expressive and emotional sister on track.  He is, quite simply, awesome!

Big brother had some out patient surgery yesterday.  I called him this morning to see how he was feeling.  During the course of our conversation he asked me if I had a book that went along with the Dtour diet.

My answer was, of course, affirmative.  Brother dear then asked if he could borrow it.  He said that since I had lost a ton of weight  he figured that he wold give it a try.

I know this sounds like a small thing, but my heart soared.  I am used to being the family screw up.  Now my brother is asking to try something I'm doing because he has seen a change and wants to try it.  How awesome is that?!

I can not even express how thrilled and happy this makes me.  I love sharing my experiences with our new lifestyle change.  Now I get to share that with my amazing brother.  This is exciting!

I'm feeling all energized and wound up!  Christmas is here, I get to talk to someone new about Dtour, and I get to spend two whole days with my wonderful husband.  Life does not get much better.

There some other exciting news related to the Dtour plan.  I got on the site this morning and found the following announcement:
Exciting news DTOUR members! We are delighted to announce that beginning December 30th, your membership will be free! That's right! You will no longer be charged a subscription fee to enjoy the benefits of site membership.

This is part of our continuing crusade to Outsmart Diabetes. (We are even renaming the site Outsmart Diabetes to emphasize our commitment!) Eliminating the subscription fee allows us to continue to provide tools and support to our current members, while expanding the online community to include others who were not able to take part previously. Rest assured that we aren't cutting back on the features on the site--we will continue to offer all of the online tools currently in place, as well as access to the guidance of our experts.

We will make this transition as easy for you as we can by automatically refunding your credit card if your subscription is paid beyond the end of December when this change becomes effective.

Welcome in advance to the new Outsmart Diabetes community!

How is that for a wonderful Christmas surprise?  You can use the site and all of the tools and support on it, for nothing!

So here is the new question.  Do I change the name of this blog?  If Dtour is now going to be Outsmart Diabetes, what do we call this blog?  Suggestions? 

1 comment:

  1. you could call it what we do... 'wonderful inspiration'

    ReplyDelete