Thursday, July 8, 2010

THE PROMISED PLAN

I promised an exercise plan by this evening so here it is.  Unfortunately, it is not yet full blown, but here are the basics.  We (the boys and I) intend to refine it as we go. 

As always, I am open to suggestions or thoughts.

  • There will be from this day forward at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise a day.  Either in the morning or evening.
  • A small tramp will be purchased for in home for inclement and 'whining' days when I am too tired or do not want to go back out after coming home from work.  If I have stuff there, I have no excuse.  (I really want a wii fit, but we will work on that, that is a good potential goal.)
  • On the weekends and days off, all local shopping and errands will be done on foot or bike, NO CAR!!!
  • I will park at the very end of the parking lots so I am forced to walk to the front of whichever store I am entering.
  • I need to download and begin a new training program for the 5K in October.  We had to take the July one off the book due to The Boy's surgery.  However, the Step Out event for Diabetes is very important and I fully intend to put a team together and walk!  I'm hoping to be able to use the name TEAM DTOUR, I am waiting on the kind folks at Prevention Magazine to let me know if that is okay.
It is the beginning of  a plan, but it is a start.  I can do this.  Down with Myron and down with the Empress of Justification.  She is Myron's sovereign you know.  I'm thinking he may be her court jester.  It sort of fits, doesn't it?

So there it is, promised plan on the table.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

1 comment: