Friday, July 30, 2010

Jump on the Skinny Train!

photo via People Magazine Online
So tonight I was trolling CNN to see what was up and there was an article on Drew Carey.  I've always liked him so I thought I'd check it out.  Here is his latest photo.

He has lost 80 pounds since January!  Way to go Drew!!  If he can do it so can we!  Who cares if he can afford a personal trainer to beat him into the gym and a personal chef to prepare him all of his healthy meals, it still takes will power and dedication to do that, right?  He just has a few more perks than the rest of us.

The article on CNN that was originally from People said that he was a Type 2 Diabetic and that was one reason that he decided to embark on this journey.  He is now no longer registering at Diabetic levels!  Way to go!

I don't know about anyone else, but I think that finding these stories about other people who are succeeding in the same struggle that many of us are currently in is helpful.  It is good to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that there is an end to this long journey.

Encouragement, where ever and however you can find it is vital to any endeavour.  The Boy made a comment the other day about being goal oriented.  He said he doesn't always have to look at the end of the road.  He just has to know the next step.  I'm telling you, for a smart mouth teenager, he sure has it on the ball.

That is what we have been trying to do, one step, one goal at the time, otherwise things are too overwhelming.  I don't do overwhelming.  Overwhelming is the road to failure.

I'm all for the road to success in this venture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment