Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thoughts

I try to keep this rather light and full of humor.  That is how I try to look at life and how I have been approaching my change in lifestyle.  I figure that it has to be easier to embrace it with a good sense of humor and laugh than to whine and moan about the entire situation.

Anyway, I was looking back through my blogs this week and realized that I have been doing quite a bit of whining this week.  I'm going to try to stop that now.

However, it has brought me to an impasse.  Since we all carry around this emotional baggage, most of which I am carting around on my hips and butt, how do we get rid of it?  Is it really as simple as turning your back on those who are causing the problem?  Can you just shut them out of your life and go on about your merry way?

That sounds good in theory, but I really don't think it would work so well in practice.  If we shout ourselves off from everyone and everything that causes us stress and strife, we would be existing in our own little bubbles every speaking to anyone.  How much fun would that be?

So, maybe what I have to do is face down what is bothering me?  Now that would be the grown up thing to do.  Which makes me want to be Peter Pan and fly away with Tinker Bell!

Watching what I eat and exercising is much easier than walking through this minefield.  I would turn and run away from it if I could, honestly I started to.  Then I reread yesterday's post with the list of what I had eaten while I was in my downward spiral this week.  That alone was proof enough to remind me that this too is an important piece of the puzzle.  Figuring this all out is just as important as what I put in my mouth and moving my body.  but I think I'd rather run a marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment