Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Goals and Plans

It is always good to be reminded of lessons we learned early in life.  Today, The Boy reminded me of a such a lesson and made me exceptionally proud of him in the process.

The Boy has wanted a part time job, not an easy thing to find in this economy.  Not only that, he had his heart set on working at our local library.  He is as much a lover of books as his mother is, he is his mother's son!  Alas, when he applied at the beginning of the summer, there were no openings at the library.

Last year, he volunteered to work with the Summer Reading Program, he had already signed up for this year before putting an application in to work.  My most charming child explained to me that he was going to volunteer and show them what a good job he could do and that way, they would "have" to offer him a job.   That was his plan and he stuck to it.  He even showed up to volunteer the week after his surgery.  That shows serious commitment!

The folks at the library must have thought so as well.  Today he was offered his dream job.  He will be starting there part time sometime this month, until then he will be continuing his volunteer duties.

The Boy, had a goal.  He made a plan, he stuck to his plan and he achieved his goal!  What an awesome reminder for his mother when she begins to turn into the Starbucks or the Dairy Freeze.

I have a goal, I have a plan, I just have to have the commitment to stick to it.  Even when it gets hard, I have to stick to it.

I have finally admitted total defeat on the caffeine front.  In the last 11 days I have only had 2 count them, 2 migraines, I am still sleeping well, getting up refreshed and the DT headaches seem to have gone away!  I'm still not happy about it, but I know when I am beat!  Anyone in the market for a really nice coffee pot?

Until tomorrow everyone, I'm off to work on my plan . . .how is yours going?

No comments:

Post a Comment