Monday, July 5, 2010

I feel pretty!

Since I was feeling rather proud of myself today, I decided to dig out the old (and I do mean old) make-up and see what would happen.  I could never had predicted the outcome!

I stepped out of the bathroom and hubby looked up and me and froze.  A smile I have not seen in quite a while spread across his face and he said, "Sweetie, you look beautiful, your eyes look gorgeous!"

After that, I floated off to work.  My co-worked reacted in shock upon seeing me.  They could not believe how different I looked.  I spent the day hearing the words, pretty, beautiful, sparkling and wonderful.  I have never, in my life (except for my husband) heard words like that related to my looks.  I spent the better part of the day in stunned amazement.

Really, all I did was put a little eye shadow, liner, mascara and bronzer on.  I didn't go out and have a face lift or anything.

Then, one of the most amazing things ever happened.  We have a cleaning service at work.  Our cleaning person is a truly wonderful person, I really like her, she is a very special, kind, loving woman.  She had some health problems a week or so ago and has had us all a bit concerned.  She and I have talked a few times about my journey and the Dtour program.

Today she stepped in the door, I was at the desk and looked up and smiled at her.  Her mouth dropped open, her eyes bugged out and she actually stepped back out of the door!  She came back in and said.  "I was feeling really down when I walked in the door.  Then I saw you, and you are radiating!  You inspire me so much, I felt better instantly!"  I got up and gave her a hug, I didn't know what else to say.

I don't know that I have ever had that effect on anyone before.  I didn't really do anything, all I did was smile and say "Good Morning!" 

I'm here to help, though I will admit to feeling a big humbled by my experiences today.  It is all a little overwhelming for the fat girl in the corner.

1 comment:

  1. my internet's been down three days....hope ya didn't think i was mad! awesome girl

    ReplyDelete