Thursday, July 22, 2010

Myron Stomping

All of my life I have believed certain things:
  • I was destined to be heavy
  • The world did not exist before 7 AM
  • I could not make it through the day without my morning coffee
  • Exercise was evil
  • Dieting was going to fail - eventually
Here are the things that I have learned in the past few months
  • I'm going to look very fine in another 50 pounds or so - and I will get there!
  • Walking at 6AM with the birds and a book is pretty dang awesome and makes the rest of the day better.
  • I don't need caffeine to make it through the day, I just need me.
  • Dieting may fail - by and entire lifestyle change is forever!
Myron, that devious little beast has spent a lot of years whispering evil lies in my ears and I believed him.  I believed everyone who told me that I couldn't do what I am now proving that I can do.

If I can do this, anyone can.  It's a mindset thing.  You just have to make up your mind, set a plan and move forward.  The important thing is to not look back.

Myron can try to mess with me all he wants, and he does still get to me sometimes.  I guess I have to accept that there will always be setbacks.  What I am now realizing, is that as long as I continue to move forward and not dwell on those mistakes and missteps, I'll be fine.  Myron loses and I win!  I like winning.

Myron Stomping is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment