Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And the Award Goes To . . .

Me.  The slow learner award that is.  I am beginning to think that I will never, ever learn the simplest of things.  I eat when I get stressed.  We all know that, right?  Right.  I know that, it is a fact of my life.  This is something I have been working on with grim determination since I began this venture.

Since my meltdown and devastating conversation with persons close to me, I have ingested the following.  A burger (okay, it was a boca, but a burger is a burger!), fries, spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips, two (count them two) bowls of ice cream, potato chips with queso dip, and to top it all off a long island ice tea.  Yes, I know I'm a diabetic and should not be drinking.  To make matters even better it was a mucho  Long Island, roughly the size of a small bath tub!

Does that sound like the food list of a sane person who is being responsible and watching their weight?  No, it is the food list of some out of control wacko who has no idea what they are doing!  What was I thinking?  Oh yeah, I wasn't.

Damn that Myron!  He is a sneaky little jerk!  He waited until I was low, my defenses were down and WHAM! He got me but good!  

So what now?  Do I go sulk in a corner and eat myself into a coma?  In the past, yes, that is exactly what I would have done.  Now?  Now, I'm going to brush myself off, try my best not to beat myself up and start again in the morning with a smoothie and follow it up with a salad for lunch.

I may have lost a battle, but this war is far from over, and I have NO intention of losing.  I have fought too long and too hard to quit now.  So bring it on Myron, you little putz, give me your best, because your toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment