Friday, July 9, 2010

The Almost Misstep

Too many late nights and early mornings this week had caught up with all of us by Thursday evening.  By the time I got home, the boys were already crashed out in the living room.  No one wanted to cook, no one wanted to go anywhere near the refrigerator, much less that kitchen.

Finally, it was decided that we would just order pizza, obviously someone had the energy to dial a phone!  The Boy rang up Pizza Hut and placed the order.  We were standing there talking a few minutes later when all of a sudden, it dawned on me what had just happened.

I looked at my boys in total shock and all but yelled "I can't have Pizza from Pizza Hut!!"  I was almost frantic.  "We have to call them and cancel my part off the order!"

My poor, wonderful, supportive child sighed, picked up the phone and dial.  (I'm pretty sure there was an eye roll involved, but he hid it well.)  He called Pizza Hut back and canceled my personal pizza off the order.  The poor girl on the other end of the phone thought he was nuts, but he persevered in support of his crazy mom and saved me from myself!


Myron is lurking everywhere.  That little dude is sneaky!  He made a play for me when I was at my weakest, I was hungry, I was tired and frankly, I couldn't face the kitchen.  This guy is really beginning to bug me!  I outsmarted him though, when I came to my senses; the realization that it was more important to me to eat properly than to eat quickly won out.


This is getting easier and easier!  To tell you the truth, when the guys got home with the pizza, the smell from the box actually made me nauseous.  Take that Myron!  You smarmy little git!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment