Monday, July 26, 2010

I have never been a fan of Mondays.  Even the name of the day is yucky - Mon day.  Sorta sounds like Moanday doesn't it?  That was how I felt this morning at 5:45 AM.

5:45 AM that was the time my 'loving' husband woke me up for my morning walk.  Okay, let's face it.  I had NO intention of going out walking at that time of the morning!  What are those stupid birds so happy about anyway?

Just to humor Mr. Morning (formerly known as wonderful hubby), I stumbled out of bed and went into the bathroom.  I emerged a few minutes later intending to snuggle back into my cozy bed for another hour, but my husband, THE CAD, had made the damn bed!  You can't just unmake a bed that has just been made, that is just wrong.  He knew that, the scheming evil genius that he is!

Now I was left with only one option, put my shoes on and go out and walk.  I got dressed, found my shoes, and my Zune and headed out.

The morning was actually really pretty.  It was rather cool and the sunrise was beautiful.  I began to wake up as I strode along, and before long, the birds stopped annoying me and actually started sounding rather cheerful.

By the time I got home, I was ready to downgrade hubby from evil to simply mean!  I did feel better and more awake.  I moved through the day more easily and actually seemed to enjoy a Moanday! (That's a first).

I hate it when my husband is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment