Saturday, July 10, 2010

Reward Day

Remember when I was trying to find some non-edible rewards?  Wonderful Hubby found the perfect one.  Well, perfect for me perhaps, but not for his wallet!

I was sent on a bit of a shopping spree today.  I was taking The Boy out to a movie, which just so happened to be at a mall with one of my very favorite stores (no, not Barnes and Noble) the Body Shop!  The makeup that I had was very old and I needed to have it 'refreshed'.  Amazing husband told me to go get what I needed as he was very proud of me and wanted me to feel as beautiful as he thought I looked.  You have to give the boy points, he really knows the exact right thing to say at the exact right time.

Now, I am not stupid, out the door and off to the mall we went (before he had a chance to change his mind!).  I had the best time ever!  One of the clerks asked me what the occasion was, when I told her, everyone got in on the act and in very sort order, I was all set to go!  I felt so wonderful when I left, I felt so good about myself!

The Boy told me to day that he is proud of me.  As we were talking, it occurred to me that I am proud of myself.  For probably the very first time in my life, I am proud of myself!


Who would have thought that this would have been a byproduct of a diet?  The simple act of losing weight would have set in motion this incredible journey?  I am moving into a place where I actually like and value myself.  I am proud of myself for what I have accomplished and that alone is enough to propel me forward.

Tomorrow is weigh in day.  It is no longer the most dreaded day of the week either.  Things are changing, I am changing.


I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment