Saturday, July 24, 2010

Myron in my Head

I got up this morning and put my new, fun outfit on that hubby got me and headed off to work.  The outfit is bright and cheerful and I usually feel pretty and happy when I have it on.  Today, for some reason I felt fat and dumpy.  I have no idea why.

Here is an interesting thing to note ladies, when you start to lose a bunch of weight, your bras do NOT shrink with you.  Which is weird because they are basically made from elastic fabric, right?  Anyway, mine are no longer keeping the girls where they need to be.  I guess a shopping trip is in order.

I was beginning to sense Myron at work in my brain.  Why else would I feel so fat and dumpy today?  I tried to chase him out, but that little jerk just stuck in there, whispering his evil little jabs in my ear.

I came home and sat down only to discover that my mom had brought The Boy some cookies and he had left them on the sofa, right next to where I was sitting.  Before I knew it, four of the cookies were gone!  Damn that Myron!  I closed the cookie tin and went upstairs.

Instead of just changing my clothes as I usually do, I jumped in the shower, figuring I'd wash that Myron right out of my hair!  I got dressed, came back downstairs, moved the cookie tin and pulled out my Dtour Cookbook to find something for dinner.

We had amazing Dtour style Ruben sandwiches and baby peppers (one of my favorite treats) for dinner and I am making some more smoothie sorbet for a treat later.

I may be down, but I'm not out.  Myron may still get in my head, but he is not allowed to take up residence anymore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment