Saturday, July 17, 2010

Best Dessert EVER!!

I put a moratorium on ice cream in the house.  I have no will power when it comes to ice cream.  If it is in the freezer, I can hear it calling to me no matter where I am in the house.  Hubby had purchased some when I was in my funk this week and HAD to have it until it was gone.  I know I should be stronger and have more will power, but what are you going to do?  It's my weakness.

So, this evening we are sitting here watching a movie and I'm hungry.  Not only am I hungry, I want . . .ICE CREAM.  "Nope, it's gone and we're not getting anymore."  Dang, there go those supportive men of mine again!

So, I thought maybe a smoothie would do it.  I went into the kitchen to see what I could come up with. There was frozen fruit in the freezer (which was truly bare of ice cream), into the blender it went, along with some orange juice and just a bit of yogurt.

The poor little $8.00 blender protested mightily and I'm sure I smelled a whiff of burning motor there for a moment.  The smoothie was coming out very thick, much too thick to drink.

Sorbet!  Hey, wait a minute, sorbet is sort of like ice cream, right?  What a brilliant idea!  All I had to do was hope that the blender didn't burst into flames  before it was done.

There was much protesting and groaning from the blender, but it produced a very smooth, sweet tasting and pretty color sorbet.

Who needs ice cream when I can make that in just a couple of minutes?  I think we need a better blender though.

No comments:

Post a Comment