Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hey Wait a minute!

I got up this morning and was reviewing my post from last night.  I posted late and was really tired, so I thought I'd check to make sure that I hadn't made any glaring errors.

Here is what jumped out at me.  I'm starting to get a list of places I can not go!  First it was McDonald's, Wendy's, basically any fast food restaurants, then we added the much bemoaned Dairy Freeze, and Diary Queen and any any all ice cream stands, chocolate shops and candy stores, now we have added coffee shops, include what was my own personal mecca, Starbucks. (Did anyone else just hear angles weep and see the sun come out from behind clouds?)

So, what I am saying is a drive down any main drag street is now a gauntlet for me, right?  Well, a few months ago I would have thought of it that way, even probably a few weeks ago that would have been my thought.  Okay let's be honest, last week the car was still set on auto-pilot when it came to Starbucks!  But then something happened.

My experience earlier this week with feeling like a princess at work happened.  It happened again yesterday too, by the way.  People were there that had not been there the day before and there were lots and lots of compliments regarding my 'new look' and how amazing it was.  I was embarrassed and self conscious, but terribly proud of myself as well.  It gives one an amazing amount of strength.

Then there was The Boy, if he can work a plan like that, and get the results he did.  I can drive by the damn Starbucks and not whine because I can't have my Venti-quad shot -skinny vanilla latte, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment