Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day ~ A Victory all the way around!

Happy Fourth of July!!  I hope everyone is celebrating safely and will drive home with care.

Just because it is a holiday, does not mean that the scales do not work.  Today is, after all Sunday; and as we all know by now, Sunday is Weigh in day!  Yea Sunday!!

Here are our current standings:
The Boy:  -3.5 lbs (he is wasting away from this surgery!)
Amazing Husband:  -.5 lbs ( but boy is his upper body getting ripped thanks to the 2nd job at Home Depot!)
Me:  -4lbs!  Yes, 4lbs!  There was much rejoicing, high fiving and happy dancing to be had this morning.
I have some other statistics I would like to share.  Some of them are rather embarrassing, but as I have committed to this full disclosure thing, I'm already in for a penny so here comes the pound.
  • This adventure began 126 days ago, in that time, I have lost a total of 42 pounds.
  • I have lost a total of 15% of my starting body weight.  (My original goal was 10%!)
  • That averages out to a third of a pound a day.
  • I have lost 10" off my waist ~ all my clothes are falling off!
  • The last time I did Weight Watchers successfully, I was on the program for a year and lost a total of 40 pounds. (I'm doing way better than that this time!)
  • I currently feel better now than I have since I met and married my husband!
  • I have had no caffeine for 9 days ~ today the coffee maker was packed away for awhile (out of sight out of mind).
Those are just a few of the quick facts that ran through my head this morning as I was logging my progress into my Dtour page.  I have never accomplished anything like before.  I have never had a program that yielded these positive and motivating results!

Speaking of motivating results, I have a new motivation idea for everyone.  Okay, it's not new, and I didn't come up with it.  But I have invoked my very special brand of 'Katie Logic' on it and am hoping that someone else might benefit from my weirdness.

It all has to do with this 10% business.  Losing 10% of your body weight is what all Doctor's and Health Professionals say is a good thing to do to improve health.  It was the first recommendation given to me by my Doctor.  (Actually, I think it is her mantra where I am concerned.)

Since I had so much to lose and the BIG number seemed so insurmountable, I thought I'd try for the 10%.  10% isn't much, right?  It's doable.  Heck, anyone can stick to a new eating plan long enough to lose 10% of their current body weight, right?  (Even me!)  See, this is where my sneaky plan comes in. . .

So, you lose your first 10%.  Which I just did (Yea me!).  So, now I have  a new goal to set,  since 10% worked last time, I'm going to do that again.  But wait!  I weigh less now, so my 10% is a lower number!  I have less to lose this time around!  This is awesome!  I know I can do the lower number because I just lost way more than that!   So, you just keep hitting the 10% and resetting your goal at 10% and each time you do it, you have less to lose and it gets easier each time!!

How awesome is that!  A self-motivating goal setting plan!  And my family said Katie Logic never works!  Who's laughing now?  (Not me, cause if I laugh too hard, my pants fall down!)

1 comment:

  1. hooray for the red white and blue and YOU! ~a

    ReplyDelete