Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Morning Routine

Once again this morning I asked Hubby to get me up early so I could walk.  The conversation is pretty funny with lots of "What?  You want me to what?"  then there is a "Who are you and what have you done with my wife" thrown in for good measure.  But, being the good and sweet man that he his, he wakes me up at 5:45AM as he is getting ready to leave for work.  

His new trick this morning was to make the bed the minute I got out of it.  That way I would feel really guilty if I got back into it!  Clever boy!  It worked, I stayed up.

I threw my clothes on and my walking shoes and swung out of the house at just about 6:00AM.  Now, even a couple of weeks ago, if you would have told me I would be doing this, voluntarily no less, I would have told you you were crazy!  But this morning the sun was just coming out, the birds were singing and I had the whole neighborhood to myself.

My Zune was tuned to a book, so it was just me, the birds, and my book.  It was actually kind of wonderful!

I'm exercising and I'm really, really enjoying it.  I'm exercising first thing in the morning and liking it!  I think I've lost my mind! 

1 comment:

  1. having the book to go along has to help a lot. Myron probably wants to tell you that you can't 'waste' that much time on exercizing. killing two birds with one stone helps to shut him up. ~a

    ReplyDelete