Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shopping

I apologize for the late post, I was sidelined by a migraine last night.  

Yesterday was an Ann Arbor day for us, we went down to see The Boy's Surgeon for a follow up.  He is doing so well that he was cut loose!  We are all done.  No more trips back down for check-ups, yea!  The Boy was so good through this whole ordeal, we have all been very proud of him.

To celebrate, mom and I took him to lunch; restaurant of his choice.  We stopped at the mall down there to see what we could find.  They have a place called the California Pizza KitchenThe food was amazing, and not too far off plan!  Mom and I split a Spinach Artichoke pizza and The Boy devoured an entire pizza on his own (big surprise!).

We decided to wander the mall a bit after, and I was again amazed at the number of stores that cater to people who are itty-bitty when most of America is now "super-sized".  I mean, come on; how do these people make any money? Do they not listen to the news or read any papers on online news sites?  Here is a little stat for them from Reuters:
Numbers posted by the National Center for Health Statistics show that more than 34 percent of Americans are obese, compared to 32.7 percent who are overweight. It said just under 6 percent are "extremely" obese.
         (Reporting by Maggie Fox; Editing by Julie Steenhuysen and Xavier Briand)

Using those statistics (as scary as they are) all of these itty-bitty people clothing stores can not sell to approximately 73% of the people in America!  Seems to me they are missing a large (pardon the pun) market share!

I dont' get it, I do not understand why there are not more clothing options for roly-poly people like me.  Granted I'm less roly than I was, but I'm still quite poly and I do need clothing just like everyone else.  And hey!  I like cute clothes too!!!!

Get with the program people!  73% of Americans want cute clothes and you are missing out on selling to us!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment