Monday, July 12, 2010

Meltdown

As I have been going through this journey; the topic of stress keeps coming up.  How I deal with it, how I manage it.  I thought I had been doing a relatively good job.

Until today.  Today, I had the mother of all meltdowns.  I was off work so that I could get some things taken care of.  I kept running into brick walls.  The boy was being a hormonal teenager, nothing new or surprising about that.  It was one of those days when things just went from bad to worse.

I was listening to a message on the voice mail and something inside me just snapped.  I let loose with one of the best primeval screams ever.  I had always studied them in Psych and wondered if they really helped anything.  (FYI - they do!)

That was followed by a torrent of tears that I have not let loose since I was a child.  I'm not even sure where it all cam from.  I thought I was holding things together really well.

WRONG!!!  I think I need to go back and review all this stuff about dealing with stress.  Whatever I was doing, isn't working for me anymore.  But, if I read one more thing about just taking a deep breath and letting it all go, I may start burning books!!

Who writes that stuff anyway?  Have they ever been able to take a deep breath, release it, and all of their troubles and stresses along with the air?  I don't think so.  Or if they did, the only stress they have is which toilet paper to buy in the store!

So now the search for how to relieve stress begins.  Will this journey never end?

Off I go to find stress relievers!

1 comment:

  1. gosh, i don't know anything but vague impressions about that stuff, but i would guess that this has something to do with toxins coming out of your system, since you are detoxing. that one level of toxins has been flushed out enabling deeper levels of toxins to come out of buried tissues into your blood stream. now i'm not saying any of that could be true, just that i think it could be part of 'toxin speak'. i'm gonna ask Bryan to read this. it would be right up his alley

    ReplyDelete