Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday . . . Monday . . .

So just to be perverse this morning I got on the scale. (I know, it breaks the once a week rule, sue me.)  Guess what, there was another pound gone.  Now, why couldn't that pound have been gone yesterday when I needed it gone?  Someone is messing with me.  I'm telling you, I'm joke fodder for the angelic crowd!

That was followed by one of 'those' days at work.  You know, one of those days where every step forward means three backward, the copy machine is perpetually jammed, and everyone is on the phone screaming.  

Even two weeks ago, this sort of day would have sent me straight for the freezer and the carton of ice cream it contained.  Failing ice cream, the grocery store was sure to have a full store of chocolate or cake guaranteed to help make the evening better.

Today, the thought didn't even cross my mind.  I was thinking about what to write here today and what was on the menu for dinner, but until I sat down to type, chocolate didn't cross my mind.  Maybe there is component of this new plan that is a secret brainwashing!

Whatever it is, it's working and I made it through my first rough workday without my usual crutch.  That is a big step for me! 

1 comment: