Friday, March 19, 2010

Hurdles and Signs

Having set a goal for myself, the 5K in May, I have immediately become fodder for the angelic crowd once again.  Today was to be my first training day.  Training, can you believe it?  I'm in training!  Anyway, my day was planned out, food - check, training schedule - check, migraine - check.  Migraine?   Yes, migraine.  I have had the irritating things since I was 11 and they inevitably strike at the worst time possible.

So, having my perfect plan ready to go, I woke to small miners digging for granite in my head (that is about all that is in there), the slightest bit of light felt like a knife through my eyes and once again the cats sounded like an army marching across the living room rug.

Determined not to be stopped, I took my Maxalt (thank God for Maxalt!) and crawled into my darkened room, with my very attentive kitty nurse, Bob.

By the time teenage son returned from school, I was able to eat an apple, no bread for this girl anymore!  I was able to make it downstairs for dinner and then . . .the entire family went for our first training walk!  I was so happy and excited!  Who would have guessed one month ago that I would be excited to go out for a walk?  Weird, isn't it?

That is one of the most wonderful things about this new Dtour my life has taken.  It's like we are on this wonderful adventure and anything is now possible.  I feel like I am getting a part of myself back that was lost for a very long time.  The house seems brighter, life is funnier and there is much more joy in our lives.

The Dtour book said it was about changing the way that you eat, but it is about so very much more!  It is about empowering yourself to take charge of your body and your life.  I am beginning to understand that now!  I am a convert!

No comments:

Post a Comment