Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I may have really lost my mind now!

My Grandmother always said I was flighty, my Debate Coach used to say I was a loose cannon.  My Mom used to say I was impulsive and my Dad would just shake his head as his face turned red and the vein in his forehead throbbed.

I prefer the word Spontaneous!  I've always thought I was free and open to new things.  My husband thinks I have SOS (Shiny Object Syndrome).  You know "Yes honey, I intend to pay the . . . .Oh look, a butterfly!"  Shiny Object Syndrome.

A major part of the Dtour program is exercise.  As you can suppose, from my weight, I have been a confirmed couch potato for quite a few years.  The exercise seems to be my current problem issue.  Now, any of you that know me, also know, I rarely let things stop me for long;  I have a plan!  (Hey, why is everyone running away?)
The way I have it figured, all I need is a goal, right?  I can do a goal.  Needing to lose an entire person is a lot, so I'm thinking the exercise goal needs to be equally as large, right?  Ready? . . . 

I'm going to enter a 5K - I'm going to get in shape and run or walk a 5K!  Ideally before the end of the year.  How long does it take to train from couch potato to 5K?  How far is a 5K? We'll figure the details out later!

So that's the plan!  What do you think?  Anyone know anything about training for one of these things?  I suppose I'll have to figure out how far it is first, then I'll need to figure out. . . .details later!
Watch out world - I'm going to skinny, fabulous and FAST!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I bet there's folks where you walk at the high school that know how many times around equals a 5K. No idea. I suppose more and more of them are moving outside now that its getting nice.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check this out.. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/5k-run/SM00061

    ReplyDelete