Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!

The queen mother of all roadblocks just slammed right into my face!  There I was, driving innocently down the road, minding my own business, when BAM!  Out of the blue, there it was.  In huge letters that might as well have been flashing neon - We are Open! - Why oh why did the damn ice cream stand have to open this early in the year?!  Why did the ice cream stand have to open at all this year?  Why didn't the ice cream stand get blown up during the winter?   Why is there ice cream?  Why is there milk?  For that matter, why are there cows?  They are big, stupid, smelly, and they eat a lot!

Okay, sorry, I digress.  Did I mention I love ice cream?  Yeah, I thought I might have a time or two.  A soft serve twist dipped in chocolate is just about one of the best things on earth!  Damn the ice cream industry!  Who invented ice cream? Is he still alive?  Can we have him shot?

Oops, digressing again.  I got home and told the hormonal 15 year old that the ice cream parlor had opened.  His reply was "Yeah, Dad and I were hoping to keep that from you for another week or so."  You know a proper show of support would have been a few sticks of TNT!

Trying to help me think a different way, my charming son asked "Would you rather live 15 years or have an ice cream cone?"  He had the nerve to get upset that I had to think about that?  I was just giving the question proper consideration.

So now the question he is going to ask me is "Grandchildren or Ice cream."  It is rather a low blow, but it does get the point across.  The correct answer to that question is Grandchildren, right?

Did I mention that I love ice cream . . .

1 comment:

  1. as they say... "Bless You My Son"
    way to go Logan...right perspective. Of course, Logan, this means that you have to come up with the grandkids in 15 years also.

    ReplyDelete