Friday, March 5, 2010

Change

You always hear that change is hard; change is difficult.  Why?  I've always thought change was exciting!  Change is a new adventure!

I was thinking about that today as my son and I were together this afternoon.  He had a half day at school, so we were both home at lunch time.   I had checked my menu for the day and was set to put together my "approved" meal.  Luke (name changed to protect his identity), was about to make his favorite of all meals - a panini sandwich.  I watched as he put it together, lean ham, turkey, provalone cheese and whole wheat bread.  There was not a blink or a hesitation, he went right for the healthy choices in the fridge.  Change is good!

This adventure, this change is not just me.  It is transforming my entire family!  We are all affected.  All three of us have more energy, there is more laughter in the house, our moods have improved greatly.  We are all losing weight, including my mom, who eats at our house quite a lot.

Who would have thought, when I made this jump, this leap into a new lifestyle, that it would transform not only me, but my boys, my mom, and our whole family?  This is the most intriguing Dtour I have ever taken!

3 comments:

  1. Yes I am excited about this whole healthy change our life is taking too. this is Great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a public Dtour takes a lot of courage.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  3. More laughter is a wonderful thing. Keep smilin', my friend, you're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete