Friday, March 26, 2010

Let's all Adapt

Our household is famous among our friends for Friday nights.  Friday night is Burrito night.  I know it's a little odd, but I married a guy from L.A. and bit of his weirdness followed us back to Michigan.  Everyone knows it's Burrito night, if you want a burrito, you call ahead and tell us what ingredient you will be bringing.  Then you show up at 7:00 PM and you will be served a custom made Burrito. 

Are you seeing the problem here?  No matter how hard I've looked - my special burrito recipe is not to be found on the Dtour plan! My brave men soldiered on for about three weeks this way, forgoing their beloved burritos in the name our new lifestyle, but frankly I couldn't stand the look on their pitiful little faces anymore at the dinner table.

I figured out a way to adapt the plan.  I modified my recipe (and the Dtour guidelines a bit) and found a way to make the new plan work in our lives.

Nothing can possibly be tailor made for everyone, everything needs a little bit of adaptation.  After all, we are all wonderfully different! If we were all made from cookie cutters life would be awfully boring.

I figure that if I can make a few changes in my life to accommodate my new partner Dtour, then my new partner Dtour can make a few changes to accommodate me!

1 comment:

  1. keep forgetting to order that burrito! ~a

    ReplyDelete