Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Writing this blog is very enlightening.  I have discovered many things about myself that I did not realize before.  Tonight as I was pondering what to write something else dawned on me.  I probably should have realized this many many years ago, but sometimes, I'm not the quickest pony out of the gate.

Here is the epiphany.  In order for this to work, I have to change not only my eating and exercise habits.  I have to change my entire life!  I have to change the way that I think!  I have to change the way that I react to things!  I have to totally tear myself down and build a new Katie.  Stronger, better, faster?  (Can I have a bionic ear?  I always thought that would be cool!)

I've spent a long time getting where I am. I was almost comfortable in my own skin.  I don't know if I have the energy to build a new me.  What if I don't like me?  What if I turn into one of those perky cheerleader types with the bouncy ponytail who are always out jogging?  The very thought makes me ill!

I guess if we are always a work in progress . . . . . I don't know if I have the energy for this!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. maybe the whole new Katie is just the same old wonderful Katie that is just underneath the things you don't want anymore.? like cleaning out a closet and just keeping the stuff you like and need? ~a

    ReplyDelete