Friday, March 12, 2010

Burritos and a scary return to "Normal"

One of the thing that I love about the Dtour Diet is that such time and care was taken to explain the whys and hows behind it, that as you are gradulally learn how to change some of the "old" food that you used to eat.  I LOVE THAT!!  Family favorites are not to be abandoned, they are simply "adjusted".

Friday night is Burrito night in our household.  All of our friends and family know that if you want a burrito, call the house, let us know what ingredient you are bringing and your custom made burrito will be made to order.  I know, it's an odd thing, but when you marry someone from Southern California, what are you going to do?
Tonight, I adjusted the size, made a couple of minor adjustments to some of the ingredients (no one even noticed!) and WA-LA!  The return of Burrito Night!  All is right again with the world.  No one even noticed the reduced sizes of the burritos on the plates.  I was so nervous when I started making them, but the boys were so excited to see their favorite meal again, there was really nothing to worry about.

Today is a confidant day.  Today I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment