Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shoes, Salad, and Pain

Another hurdle down today.  The dreaded restaurant.  (dum dum dum)  One of the things that I love about the Dtour diet is that everything is pretty much done.  I review the menus for the week.  Print out the shopping list and bazinga!  We're done!  I don't have to make many choices yet, I just have to learn to adjust to my new lifestyle.

Today at lunchtime, I found myself standing in front of a menu board at a Panera.  Guess what; Panera does not have a Dtour Diet section on their menu.  I know, I found it hard to believe too!  I thought the whole world revolved around me! (Oh wait, that's the hormonal 15 year old).

I took a deep breath and looked at my lunch partner, my mom.  Bless her heart, she put her hand on my shoulder and asked me what I wanted.  We ended up splitting a salmon salad.  It was the perfect amount once it was split and it had all the components that one of my Dtour lunches does.  I was quite proud of myself, and very grateful that I had a supportive person by my side to make sure I didn't make a grab for a chocolate croissant.

Then the adventure continued.  We went to the shoe store.  New shoes are to my mom like ice cream is to me.  Mom got herself a new pair of walking shoes.  Then she purchased a pair for me!  How awesome is that!  I've never had a good pair of walking shoes.  It's like walking on a mattress!  What an amazing way to show support!  Gotta love moms!

After that, the shoes had to be tested, right?  So, off to the indoor track.  Yep, I went without the normal kicking and screaming - weird, huh?  So there I was, making my rounds, I got to the point where my legs were aching and I began to think about stopping.  Then a man passed me, on the back of his t-shirt was written the words:  Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body.  I took a deep breath and made four more laps.

All in all a pretty amazing day for this Dtour girl!

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing that man is to the people around him! I was thinking today about your post about wondering who Katie will be. Today I saw myself in someone else and it reminded me of who I am. Even though I stop being that 'who I am' person sometimes, out of comfort or boredom. Remember who Katie already is, and what things she may have stopped being out of comfort or boredom. And yeah, that Katie would definitely do stuff that she hadn't before - not because she had changed, but because she was the same. love ya

    ReplyDelete