Monday, March 8, 2010

Total Transformation and a Roast

After the 2 week Fast Start, you start the Total Transformation part of the Dtour diet.  Doesn't that sound awesome.  Total Transformation.  Isn't that really what this is all about?  Totally Transforming your life?  I have discovered  in the last couple of weeks that this adventure is about so much more than just about food.  It' s about what is important in life, what really matters.  It's about feeling better and conquering Diabetes.  Two weeks ago I was overwhelmed by the looming monster that was Diabetes and thought for sure I was beaten.  Now I'm feeling empowered and more thank ready to slay the monster.

I was so excited and proud of myself for the weight and inches lost last week, that I called my sister-in-law, who is also a very dear friend.  When I relayed the news to her her response was.  "Oh my gosh Katie, you lost a roast!"  I thought about it for a second or two and started laughing, only my darling sister could come up with such a wonderful analogy!  It was so perfect!  I smiled all day thinking about the roast that I lost!  I mean, come on, who needs to mentally picture sticks of butter when you can picture a 2" thick 3lb roast!  It's wonderful and makes we want to laugh with glee every time I think about it!

2 comments:

  1. doing great Katie... 2 inches off waist?? thats GOTTA feel good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it! I'm reading my first blog. I'm so glad I could make you smile! Keep doing good! Love you! --Stacy

    ReplyDelete