Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cooked Veggies Anyone?

I love veggies, in their raw form.  Carrots, salad, green peppers, snow peas are my favorite, cucumbers, spinach, any variety of lettuce, celery.  I love raw veggies.

Raw Veggies.  I love Raw Veggies.  I can not abide cooked veggies, or so I thought.  Just one more little surprise waiting in the wings for me with this new lifestyle!

Tonight's dinner seemed like a rather odd concoction.  It had tofu, tomatoes, spinach, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese.  I know, bizarre, right?  We thought so too. But the rules are the rules; and in this case, the rule is  - shut up and try it.  So I did.

Know what?  I LIKE COOKED SPINACH!!!  Don't tell my mother, she may hold it over my head forever.  Oh wait, she was at dinner.  I wondered why she was looking at me weirdly across the table.

So, I ate cooked green stuff and contrary to what I have always proclaimed, I did not die from it!  Amazing!  

I wonder what other foods that I thought I would hate that I really like and just don't know it?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Puppie! Have you ever heard of an Indonesian dish called "Gado Gado"? Its in interesting combination of fresh and cooked veggies that is the prettiest dish in the world. I am going to Google it to see what it looks like from other sources, not just my cookbook. ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps I will have to stop calling this dish 'Gado Gado' even though that is what it is called in The Moosewood Cookbook. When I Googled, not ONE of the images looked at all like her beautiful version.

    ReplyDelete