Sunday, March 21, 2010

One Month Weigh in Mark

Happy Sunday everyone!  If you have been following along you know what Sunday is (cue dramatic music) . . . weigh in day!

Totals for the Day:
Wonderful Loving Husband:  -3lbs (we hate him now!)
Teenage Son (note we have temporarily dropped the hormonal):  -2lbs - Yea Boy!!
Me:  +1.5 lbs - yes, I said plus - I gained.  Horror of Horrors!

We all hit this stage, things are rolling along really well and suddenly for no reason we can figure out, we step on the scale and BAZINGA! The angelic crowd has once again used us for comedic fodder!  The pounds that we have worked and sweated to lose, have creeped back up on us.

In the past, this would have been the time I would have thrown my arms up in the air and began stomping around the house all the while declaring myself a failure.  I would have proclaimed myself incapable of sticking to a simple eating plan and spent the next week whipping myself while I scoffed all manner of sweets and greasy food to comfort myself.  Does that sound like the stupidest thing in the world or what?  I just read that over and I made myself sound like a spoiled brat with no self control.  Huh, guess that good look in the mirror revealed a lot more than I had originally thought.  I have spent a lot of time hating myself!  What a waste of perfectly good time!

This morning, as I looked at the scale and one part of me took a deep breath, fully prepared to launch into full rant, another, calmer part of my brain seemed to seize control.  It was sort of surreal.  The internal conversation went something like this:

New Katie":  "Let's see, we slacked a little on weighing food, and we had to take Maxalt three times this week, which means we skipped three meal and snacks and we also missed three days of exercise.  That could do it."

Old Katie:  "Oh my God!  I gained a pound!  See, I told you we couldn't do it!  Now we have to get on the blog and tell everyone what a failure we are!  Our life is over!"

New Katie:  "Are you 3?  Cut the drama and think this through! There was no fish on the menu this week either.  We can fix this, some more exercise, go back to strict weighing of food and don't skip any more meals.  It's easy, we can do this!  Stop your whining and lets go."

Old Katie:  "Stop my whining?  How can I stop my whining?  That's what I do best."

New Katie:  "Then you might want to find a new home; this girl is on track and with the program.  We have outgrown you and your whining ways!  We have Dtoured to the sweet life and we have a 5K to train for.  Out of our way, we have no time for whining, spoiled brats!"

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Katie your mind is in the right place, i was about to say you gained muscle until i read on. one little speed bump that's all it is keep up your good work we are all rooting you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisen to New Katie She knows all about "the wall" Can't get up the hill without scaleing some walls! Part of the climb :)~sheilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, You are beginning to think your name is really spelled that way!! Katie.. thank you for trusting new Katie. It helps us keep the faith too!

    ReplyDelete