Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Miracle!!

Have you every had a day when you feel like you were drowning?  You know, you wake up in the morning, step into the shower and immediately think you are circling the drain with the soap suds?

No hot water this morning (thank you hormonal teenage son!), there was a coffee spill in the kitchen (a nightmare of epic proportions!), blood sugar was all over the place, and there was nothing that really went together properly for lunch. Has anyone else noticed I have not even made it out the door for work yet??  Yeah, it was an omen, the whole day was sort of that way.  Every step forward was three back and I still don't know what I got accomplished at work.  *Sigh*  We've all had days like that.

So here I sat this evening, trying to think of what I wanted to say tonight and thinking that I was so overwhelmed that there was nothing I had to say.  Hormonal son asked if I craved chocolate or sweets while my day was falling around my ears.
It was like the clouds parted and the sun came out!  Chocolate never crossed my mind!!  Can you believe it?  I think I must be ill!  I don't think that has ever happened in my entire life!  I didn't want chocolate!  I didn't want something sweet!!  I didn't want Ice cream!!!  I suddenly feel like jumping up and down and cheering!  

I hadn't given food a thought all day long!  What has always been my go to stress relief  NEVER crossed my mind today!  Not once!!   Can anyone else sense the near hysterical joyous laughter here?

Is this what mind over matter is? If so, this is really cool.  I can not believe that I hadn't noticed it before.  What a blessing that I have such an observant son that he could see that.  The next words out of his mouth were "I'm proud of you, Mom.  I really am."  Hm mm . . .  I may have to drop the hormonal from his title soon.

I am loving my new life!  Thank you Dtour and thank you all for your support!!


3 comments:

  1. ok katie this post made me cry it's not everyday a son say's I am proud of you mom priceless keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, I thought you'ld be VERY good at this blog thing, even VERY, Very good, but I have to admit I wasn't expecting it to be THIS good. My apologies.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, please consider compileing and publishing . Think how many more people you could reach ! Definetley saleable an the world needs people like you ! :) ~ sheila

    ReplyDelete