Sunday, February 28, 2010

End of Week One

I tend to be a little stubborn and somewhat contrary (I know, it's hard to believe!)  When I was young, if my parents wanted to get me to do something, the most expedient way to do it, was to tell me that I couldn't.  It usually went something like:  "There is no way you will be able to finish that page of math problems by yourself, you'll have to have help." or "Maybe I should call your big brother to help you, you won't be able to clear the table by yourself."  Yeah, they were sneaky and evil people.  I loved them.

My Dad passed away when I was 22 and every once in awhile, when we need a small miracle we "have a conversation with Dad."  It usually works.  I honestly believe that he is still looking out for us in some way.

So I got to thinking today, my results on the scales, would have been just the thing to tickle my father to no end.  To have my boys lose the weight and me not, what a better way to motivate me.  He is still sneaky!  And it still worked.

Okay, I slacked on the exercise last week.  Guess I need to step it up.  I can do this.  I don't like it when people mess with me.  Especially people I can't face down! 

2 comments: