Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 6

Day six - week one almost over!  I haven't cheated once!  I think I feel pretty good about that.  

At work today there was a Birthday lunch for two co-workers who share the same birthday.  I went into the break-room to eat my lunch and there on the table, in all its delectable glory was a Red Velvet Layer Cake with thick vanilla frosting and beautiful white chocolate curls.

I sat at the other end of the table and unpacked my salad, crackers, and humus - YUM!  To distract myself, I grabbed my book and began to read.  But then, from the other end of the table, the whispering began:  "Katie . . . Katie . . .I'm here . . .I'm tasty . . . you know you want some. . . come on, just one bite, no one would know."  

I considered my options:
1.  I could continue to eat my salad and read my book, 
2.  I could eat a bite of cake.  Just one bite, right?  I could stop with just one bite.   
3.  I could admit defeat, and leave the break-room without finishing my lunch and retreat to the safety of my desk. 
4.  I could call some hot line and tell the nice person who answered that I was seriously considering having a conversation with a cake!  I was concerned that this particular course of action could possibly have some ramifications involving men in white coats with jackets that fasten behind your back.

However, at that moment I was saved by the Birthday Girls joining me in the break-room with lots of smiles, laughter, and chatter.  They drowned out the whispering cake and I settled down once again with my salad and hummus.  I went back to my desk having eaten my lunch and without as much taking another look at the cake!

On returning home, I checked my daily menu to see what the rest of the evening was to bring.  I couldn't believe it - I get ICE CREAM for snack tonight!!! ( Did I mention that I love Ice Cream?)  This is the best diet ever!!!

Who needs cake?  I get Ice Cream for snack and I didn't have to cheat myself!!   What an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. Touch`e madame! You beat it head on! Keep an eye out for side attacks tho! A friend of mine who had banding done this year is interested in following your blog, and I helped him set up Facebook just today. He's only got an I-phone tho, so I don't know if he'll be able to follow and participate or not. (its a lot to learn all at once.) I will send you guys friend suggestions tho. ~a

    ReplyDelete