Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 2!

Okay, day 2 - no cheating yet! Yea me! Yeah, I know it's not that big of an achievement - but I'll take anything I can get!

I wanted to start today by thanking everyone who is lending support. I didn't expect this big of a response. It makes me feel very humbled and loved. I am so glad all of you are out there. This looks like it could be a very remarkable journey and I know I'll need laughter and support along the way.

I am enjoying learning about the Dtour plan.  It is very well laid out and easy to follow.  There also seems to be quite a lot of research and science behind it.  If any of you know me well, you know how well I get along with science.  (I really didn't mean to set the garbage can on fire in biology!)  I'll follow along and leave the science to the people who have the fancy degrees and pocket protectors.

So last night, there was a discussion as to a reward system.  I have always rewarded myself with food.  Think about it, don't you?  You get a raise, you go out to dinner to celebrate.  Your child brings home a good report card - ice cream.  We eat to reward ourselves.  

As a matter of fact, a friend of mine recently told me that the day she went on maintenance with Weight Watchers, she stopped and bought a hot fudge sundae.  How much sense does that make?  but really, wouldn't you do the same?

So, now I have to come up with a new reward system.  How do I reward myself without food.  Because really  "Great Job Katie - here's a carrot!"  Will just not cut it.

Anyone have any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. do you even get a lunch break at work???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, not sure what other things you are into but what about a new pair of shoes...a small shopping trip or even just a movie?
    Keep it up chick you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know someone who would consider their next new book a special treat......... ; )
    I think that's YOU
    xox
    ~a

    ReplyDelete