Friday, February 26, 2010

Today was a tough day.  I wanted sweets in the worst way!  All I could think about was chocolate, candy, ice cream and cake.  I tried to focus on my goals and menu, but in the back of my head I kept hearing, seeing and mentally smelling (is that possible?) every variety of sweet and chocolate that I have always craved.  I hate days like this!!!

When all you can think about is chocolate cake and ice cream, choking down a salad is a bit difficult!  I did it, but today was the first day I didn't really enjoy it. Until we got to dinner.  Boy am I glad that my boys like to cook as well.  Tonight's dinner was a stir-fry and that happens to be my husband's specialty - Yea Hubby!

Why is it when you are trying hard to do something positive, you discover you are your own worst enemy and roadblock?  It isn't like I can kick myself to the curb or tell myself to shut up!  I've tried, but it doesn't seem to work very well.

It was hard, but in spite of myself, I stuck it out!  I did not fail myself.  No matter how hard I tried.  (Is anyone else getting dizzy?)  I ate what I was supposed to eat, spent some time on my personal stair-master and can go to bed feeling very virtuous .  Did I mention I love ice cream?

1 comment: