Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Price of Stupidity

There was chaos yesterday when my baby (my car, the one I pushed on Saturday) was pronounced DOA.  So, we had to find a new vehicle.  And as the Phoenix rising from the ashes, I ended up with a car I have wanted since I was a small child.  A little yellow Volksy!

With all the rushing around, food did not hit the radar until almost 10:00 PM.  Not cool for the resident person with Diabetes!  Sleep did not come easily last night as I was not feeling well at all!

Today, because there hadn't been enough drama lately, my mother had a bit of a medical issue today that had to be taken care of immediately.  With all of that, lunch did not come until almost 4PM.

Again, bad food planning for the PWD.  By the time I was able to eat, I was so hungry I ate just about everything I could get my hands on!  Most of it was not on plan, but I could not seem to stop myself!

Then, there was cake for hubby's birthday.  I don't know where my brain was.  I decided to have a slice.

Right now, I'm wishing that I would just die.  I swear I can feel all the bad stuff and sugar coursing through my veins making me feel jittery and nervous.  My head hurts and my stomach feels like it is going to explode.

Perhaps, I needed a lesson like this to remind me why I have been towing my new line so carefully lately.  I'm not imagining it.  I have found a wonderful formula that works:
Eat on plan and follow new lifestyle guidelines = feel wonderful and happy
 Eat badly, skip meals, and eat sugary crap = feel like death
 Feeling Crappy is no good!

No comments:

Post a Comment