Monday, August 30, 2010

Best Smoothie EVER!

It used to be that I woke up every morning and wandered downstairs, drawn by the wonderful aroma of the coffee that wonderful hubby had made and left for me.  If he hadn't made some, then I got the added benefit of grinding the beans and making the pot myself.  There was no better smell in the morning than freshly ground coffee beans.

Those days are gone now.  There has been no freshly brewed coffee in this house for months now.  Now I have a new morning routine.  Smoothies!

Smoothies rock!  There is no better description for them.   The sound of the coffee grinder has been replaced by the whirring of the blender and I couldn't be happier.

Making smoothies is an art form; did you know that?  I am forever adding things to my new morning beverage and every time I do, I get to declare "Best smoothie ever!"  Because, at that moment, that morning, it is. 

The recipe started with something very basic ~ yogurt, banana, frozen fruit (you pick), and a bit of OJ.  The first improvement added was the flax seed.  Gotta love that flax seed!  Then came these wonderful little powders that a dear friend of mine gave me.  They have lots and lots of wonderful added nutrients in them and really help kick off my morning!  My latest little addition, are goji berries, they are these wonderful little berries that are packed full of nutrients, and they are also supposed to help you feel good!

I look forward now to my morning smoothie much more than I ever did to my first cup of coffee.  It's always just a bit different and just a bit more wonderful than the day before!

No comments:

Post a Comment