Sunday, August 15, 2010

Milestone Weigh In Day!

I got off the scale this morning and wanted to climb up on our roof and start shouting!  I didn't, because our roof is really high and steep and our local police department would have frowned upon it, but I wanted to in the worst way!

I HIT MY 50 LB. MARK TODAY!!!
I am now half way to my goal!  I never, never thought this day would come; especially just six months after this journey began!  I have a couple of other stats to share with you:

I have now lost:

50 pounds
18% of my starting body weight
11 inches off my waist



I can do this!  I can actually do this, I can finish this journey and make that once unattainable goal of 100 pounds!  I am going to do it with no drugs, no surgery, no supplements and no fad diets!  I am going to see this through until the end.  I know that I can do it!

My Mom asked me today if I ever thought I would get here.  I answered he honestly.  No.  At the beginning of this the numbers seemed so huge, so unattainable, that I figured I was defeated before I was even out of the gate.  Guess I was wrong.

I was raised in a family where quitting and giving up were never an option.  I may be down for awhile, but I am never, ever out!  I proved that to myself this morning.


If anyone thinks anything is unattainable, I am here to tell you that you are wrong.  You can do anything you set your mind to.  Small, reachable goals are the key.  Set a small goal at first.  I started with 10% of my body weight, that seemed pretty reasonable.  Once I hit that I set another.  I refused to look at the big picture, I still do.  I simply look at my next goal.   The 'Master Plan' is all mapped out, that was done quite awhile ago, one it was completed, there was no need to look at the entire Plan again, just the next achievable goal.  It helps me to stay motivated.


I have never been more motivated than today.  Today, I could conquer the world!  I'm going to settle for getting my application in to school.  That is the next goal; that and my Doctor's appointment.  I think it will be the first time I will not grumble as I climb onto the scale!!


Oh yeah, the rest of the weigh in results:
Amazing Hubby:  +1 ( yea hubby!)
Charming Son:  -.5 (yea Boy!!)

2 comments:

  1. how much time do we have to install some sort of stability pole on your roof for the last fifty?? ~a congratulations Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you could do it!! I'm so proud of you! I have no doubt that you'll lose the next 50. You are an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete