Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Bottom" of the closet

You know that outfit in your closet?  That one that you 'outgrew' awhile ago, but could never bear to give up?  Oh, come on!  We all have them!  

I put that outfit on on Monday and wore it to work.  Yea me, right?  It is, for the most part.  The downside is, putting on that outfit means that nothing else in my closet fits.  I discovered that I am down 4, count them, 4 sizes!  I wondered why my clothing was slipping off!

So tomorrow, I am off to go buy some 'unmentionables'.  I should be really excited and happy; so why am I nervous to the point of nausea?

I know I'm being weird and silly, but I have come to dread and loathe clothing shopping, especially for 'unmentionables'.  Those are the worst!  They never fit right!

I am taking a deep breath tomorrow and jumping in.  Okay, I'm wading in, as funds do not allow for jumping at this point!  A bit of toe splashing and wading will be fine to start with, right?

1 comment:

  1. Angie and I had a fun spree at Fashion Bug this spring doing that... they always have those, 'buy two, get two bras free' sales, or 'three for two' panties. And their selection is usually pretty fun. NEVER got so many unmentionables at once in our life, but it sure was fun. I regretted passing up the ruffly panties. ; ) ~a

    ReplyDelete