Monday, August 9, 2010

Feeling Brave and Scared!

So, in typical Katie fashion, I did something I consider very brave today.  Then immediately began to have second thoughts and start to backtrack.  I didn't back very far, though; which I am considering a major victory.

I actually am moving forward with my thought about finishing my college education.  I applied for financial aid online, and today I actually started to apply to a college.  Yea!  Major leap forward for me, right?

So why did I immediately get scared and become convinced that I was not going to get in?  Myron.  Myron is the answer.

I have finally figured out who Myron really is.  Myron is all of my insecurities and fears that I have buried (eaten) all of my life.  He rears his frustrating little head whenever I am feeling down, insecure, or unsure of what I am doing.  

Luckily, we are seeing Myron less and less often now.  Which I think is a good thing.  He is really annoying!

So, I applied to school today.  That was step one.  We will see what happens from here.

2 comments: