Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Band Camp

The Boy is in the band.  This week is Band Camp.  For anyone who has never been in band, Band Camp is sorta like Boot Camp for musicians who march.

If you have never seen it, it is a pretty amazing thing to watch.  How they all figure out where they are supposed to go, which pink flag of the 100 pink flags on the ground is theirs, and that they can do all this while playing music they just memorized!  It is pretty cool to watch.

Mind you it is the beginning of August, incredibly hot and way to humid for words.  Yet, there they are, on the field, in the sun, working as hard as they can for their Directors.

Why am I talking about this tonight?  Because it reminded me of a long hard road to achieve a goal.  It seems that I need to keep reminding myself lately.  I'm not sure why, I'm not quite sure what is going on with my brain lately, but I'm having a hard time sticking to plan and keeping my head on straight.

But watching those kids tonight, as they ran the same 'chart' or move over and over until they had had it down, reminded me.  That is dedication and commitment.  We could all take a lesson from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment